Search engines are a major source of traffic for most websites. That’s why our users often ask us for SEO tips and plugins that can help improve SEO of their WordPress sites. In this article, we will share 9 best WordPress SEO plugins and tools that will improve SEO of your website.
It is one of the most downloaded WordPress plugin of all times. Yoast’s WordPress SEO is a comprehensive solution for all your on-site SEO needs.
It allows you to add SEO title, meta description, and meta keywords to each post and page of your site.
You can also write custom title for your main site, archives, category and tag pages. It also adds Open Graph meta data, Twitter Cards, Sitemaps and ping search engines whenever you update your site.
The list of features for WordPress SEO is extremely long. Check out why we use WordPress SEO on WPBeginner and all our websites. After that, head over to learnhow to install and setup WordPress SEO plugin.
Once you do that, then look at our tips for optimizing your blog posts.
The plugin allows you to configure many settings relevant to search engine optimization both on a global and local level. Its features include:
- Editing SEO titles, meta descriptions and more
- Keyword suggestion from Google auto suggest
- In-depth analysis of your content for optimization opportunities
- Optimizing your content for social networks
- Automatically create XML-Sitemaps
This plugin by Michael Torbert is very similar to Yoast’s. It offers much of the same functionality, however, is geared towards less advanced users who don’t want to configure every single detail about their site.
The feature list is similar:
- Set titles, descriptions, and other important markers for posts and pages
- Webmaster verification for different search engines
- Works with WordPress eCommerce sites
- Beginner friendly: Works out of the box